Planning and Organizational Development Projects
- HR Policy and Procedures Maual (Xtreme Drilling Corp., Calgary, AB) – Researched, wrote and edited a Human Resources Policy and Procedures Manual for a new start-up company. Reviewed all applicable United States Labour regulations and legislation along with the Canadian information regarding employment to produce a HR Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Management Consulting for Calgary Catholic Immigration Society – Managed 20 staff as an interim Manager to cover services of resettlement of approximately 2000 immigrant and refugee clients.
- Human Resources System Development for a nonprofit agency with over 200 staff – Conducted a needs assessment for the development of a HR System; Wrote the HR Manager job description, roles and responsibilities, reporting structure; Analyzed organization design and HR systems to centralize the HR function.
- Operations Review for a large nonprofit – Conduct needs assessment, review of current systems, research applicable literature, survey managers/employees, make recommendations to improve operations – human resources, finances, administration and develop a new position of Operations Manager.
- Researched and developed an Agency Logic Model with outcomes and indicators for activities in the short-term, intermediate and long term for all of the agency immigrant resettlement, employment and skills for work programs.
Clients achieve targets of:
- Human Resources Policy and Procedure Manual for Canadian and United States operations.
- Continued management service with no disruption of client service.
- Centralized HR function for recruitement and selection, performance management, compensation and training.
- Functional Operations Manager position to decrease the workload of the CEO and produce more effective and efficient operations.
- Strategic plan showing how individual programs’ deliverables meet the overall agency goals.